As a group of individuals with varied and overlapping interests and concerns, we see ourselves as a Venn diagram united by a shared desire to promote individual civic agency within our communities.
We are a small group of volunteers with the express goal of fostering self-motivated civic action. We recognize that there are hours in our day that could be better spent; if we can spend 2 hours a day online (or 6 or 7), we can each spend 2 hours a week engaging in our civic structures. As a group, we aim to make that engagement as seamless and convenient as possible.
We are here to support you as you take action in small and large steps. We realize that people will have different strengths that they can offer with varying time, experience, passion, and interest. We aim to meet each of you at the level that is comfortable for you, and encourage you to become as involved as you are inspired to be.
Long term, we hope to change the way we relate to the world of politics and policy. We believe that the world has changed, and it's time that we the people become our own lobbyists to create the change that we want instead of waiting for someone else to do it. It is clear that we cannot expect change from the top down; we must now build it from the bottom up.
To that end:
• We send out daily emails with concrete actions to take.
• We host community meetings in NYC.
• We program educational seminars and events to empower us to be better-informed citizens and activists with long-term stamina.
• We support our members in their independent topical action groups and direct actions.
• We meet with lobbyists, politicians, community organizers, non-profit leaders and seasoned activists to learn how we can best be of service, and have our voices be heard.
We encourage you to reach out to us and share your dreams for a better future in the form of simple or long-term actions we can take.
Thank you for your activism.
2 Hours A Week is a participant in and strategic partner of the Action Alliance, a federation of more than sixty #resistance organizations located throughout the nation, each with its own methods and approach. Other members are listed here, where you'll find many more opportunities to make a difference.