Keeping Up with the Bullshit - Febuary 9th, 2017
Our second edition of a semi-regular round up of news. So much has happened in so little time, it's hard to wrap our minds around it all. We know you've all been reading the major stories, so we include a few, but wanted to highlight some of the items that may have gotten less attention!
If you want to see how each side of the news media, left, right, and center are portraying the same issues, take a look at All Sides.
Now for the BS (some good in there too).
1. On Thursday, February 9th, a federal appeals court refuses to re-instate the travel ban executive order.
2. On February 8th, Jeff Sessions is confirmed as Attorney General 52 to 47.
3. On Tuesday, February 7th, House Republicans voted to eliminate the Election Assistance Commission, which helps states run elections and is the only federal agency charged with making sure voting machines can’t be hacked.
4. In late January, leaked audio from a closed-door GOP summit revealed deep Republican anxiety over repealing ( and replacing) the ACA.
5. The Pentagon may rent space at Trump Tower, directly funneling government money to Trump's commercial interests. Currently security for Melania and Barron Trump have cost US taxpayers and the city of New York 35 million dollars.
6. Last week, Florida Rep. Stephanie Murphy introduced a bill to prevent a political operative such as, Steve Bannon, from being on the National Security Council or even attending meetings.
7. The White House may designate the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, a dangerous decision that would roil relations with the Middle East even more.
8. The first Navy SEAL special operation approved without enough scrutiny under Trump, results in civilian casualties and no capture.