Local Tuesdays : CA, NY & upcoming elections
Thank you for your action submissions, please continue to help create our Local Tuesday emails us by submitting local actions weekly for your town, city, state, region or community by Monday at noon. Let us be your loudspeaker and help you make change in your community! Thank you!
2 NEW YORK ACTIONS
The legislative session ends June 21 so this must be done NOW to protect us from the Trump’s agenda and help set our state and nation back on the right track. We have 22 DAYS to make history!
UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL NEW YORKERS COULD BE A REALITY THIS YEAR!
1. Call State Senator Simcha Felder, the one vote standing in the way of true universal health care in New York State. 718-253-2015 | 518-455-2754
2. Take action by calling or writing your reps here.
3. Rally tomorrow 4:30-6:30 at State Senator Golden’s office in Brooklyn.
4. Share your health care story.
5. Join the Action Blitz on June 3 and help create the creative content to draw attention to this cause in time - it’s so wild that something this game changing hasn’t gotten more media, it’s up to us to change that.
NY IS CLOSER THAN EVER TO ELECTION REFORM. HELP US CHANGE ELECTION LAWS NOW TO AFFECT THE 2018 ELECTIONS.
1. Join us in Albany on June 13 to Rally For Voting Rights, a statewide coalition day of action including a rally, an obstacle (to voting) course, lobby visits and creative actions. Register for a bus from NYC or Westchester, or meet us there.
2. Join our thunderclap on March 31 to bring attention to this issue.
3. Join our call in day on June 1 (or call in any day!), get the info in this flier, and share it online to get your friends calling.
4. Come to our panel discussion tonight 6:30-8pm - The Sad State Of Voting - and find more events here.
5. SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST. This project is sponsored by 2 Hours A Week and we would love to have you involved, attending events, spreading the word, or volunteering. Reply to this email if you want to get involved. Learn more & start spreading the word using our memes and toolkits, take action now, and catch up on our daily actions to date.
22 days left!
2 CALIFORNIA ACTIONS
Please call your state senator and ask them to vote yes on SB49, SB50, SB51, and SB775. These bills have a real chance of passage but need grassroots momentum.
1. Vote yes to Preserve California
Time after time, California has led the way on the environment. And now we have a chance to do it again, with a landmark set of bills that would protect our air, water, wildlife and health against the Trump administration's reckless pro-polluter agenda — and serve as a model for other states to do the same. These groundbreaking bills are called Preserve California (SB49, SB50, SB51) and they're moving through our State Senate currently.
2. Get California off of Fossil Fuels
A landmark bill has been introduced into the State Senate which offers a clear path to getting California off of fossil fuels. It's a powerful and thoughtful piece of legislation and needs everyone's support to get the super majority required to become law. SB775 upgrades California’s cap and trade system to make it more effective at reaching our ambitious climate goals and more equitable for California residents and businesses.
Turnout will make the difference in these surprisingly competitive races that could flip seats in Congress, so pitch in by phone banking, donating, volunteering and spreading the word.
CA - Vote.
GA - Democrat Jon Ossoff nearly pulled an upset, coming in first in a very red district. Now he advances to the runoff, where the vote will be tighter.
SC - Another surprisingly competitive race in a red district can help flip the balance of power.
VA - Join the Flippable #flipVAblue campaign to elect Democrats to Virginia’s House of Delegates.