Oppose Scott Pruitt for head of the EPA
At Scott Pruitt's confirmation hearing, science will be on trial. The president-elect's nominee to head the Environmental Protection Agency, has spent much of his career fighting the very agency he has been tapped to lead. In Pruitt's tenure as attorney general of Oklahoma, he has sued the EPA 14 times. He is a climate change denier, and has called himself "a leading advocate against the EPA's activist agenda". The EPA's mission is to defend human health and the environment, but Pruitt would shred the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act in favor of promoting the interests of fossil fuel companies and other industries with which he has deep financial ties. Again and again, he has stood up for the profits of business at the expense of the health of the people and the environment. Protest this appointment for the sake of our planet and our future.
1. CALL the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works
Majority Office (Republican) 202-224-6176
Minority Office (Democrat) 202-224-8832
2. CALL the senators that make up the committee if any of them represent your state. We cannot stress enough - please pass this on to any friends and family that live in these states, and urge them to call. They need to hear from their constituents!
(202) 224-3004 / (907) 271-5915
(202) 224-4124 / (205) 731-1500
(202) 224-4843 / (501) 372-7153
(202) 224-3553 / (213) 221-1269
Carper (D-DE) Ranking Member
(202) 224-2441 / (302) 573-6291
(202) 224-3254 / (515) 284-4574
(202) 224-2854 / (312) 886-3506
(202) 224-6521 / (785) 628-6401
(202) 224-2742 / (617) 565-8519
(202) 224-4524 / (410) 962-4436
(202) 224-6253 / (228) 871-7017
(202) 224-6551 / (402) 441-4600
(202) 224-2841 / (603) 647-7500
(202) 224-4451 / (518) 431-0120
(202) 224-4721 / (918) 748-5111
(202) 224-3753 / (503) 326-3386
(202) 224-2921 / (401) 453-5294
(202) 224-5842 / (605) 224-1450
(202) 224-5323 / (414) 276-7282
(202) 224-5141 / (802) 862-0697
(202) 224-5323 / (414) 276-7282
Barrasso (R-WY) Chairman
(202) 224-6441 / (307) 261-6413
3. CALL YOUR OWN SENATOR and ask them what they will do to oppose Pruitt's nomination.
USE THIS SCRIPT (feel free to ad-lib, of course)
Hello, I am calling to urge Senator _____ to oppose the nomination of Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA. We need a regulatory approach that looks to the future, not someone who sits back on his haunches and takes kickbacks from the energy industry. Environmental protection should be of national concern because clean air and water flow from state to state and pollution does not stop at a state's border. Pruitt has let his own state of Oklahoma be run over by the oil and gas industry, whose fracking has caused a record 907 earthquakes last year, alone. Protest this appointment for the sake of our planet and our future.
*add any questions you'd like to hear your Senator ask during the hearing!
This week is full of important hearings, and EVERY SINGLE STATE IS REPRESENTED in the committees! We will be covering some but not all hearings, so take a look at this cheat-sheet to find your Senator's committees and phone number. Make sure to keep calling YOUR Senators!
Betsy Devos - TODAY! Tuesday, January 17th
- find info on who to call & what to say here*
Tom Price - Wednesday, January 18th
Wilbur Ross - Wednesday, January 18th
Rick Perry - Thursday, January 19th
Steve Mnuchin - Thursday, January 19th
For each of them, just say you oppose the nomination and urge the Senator will vote against it