Pause to Reflect, and Prepare for the Future
We are here for each other. On this day we might have feelings of powerlessness, but we want to tell you that you are powerful. We are heartened by your outrage and your determination.
1. Today, replace 15 minutes of reading the news with 15 minutes of proactive consideration of the following:
• Think about your personal civic activity going forward.
• Are you spending as much time as you want on being active?
• Why or why not?
• What small changes can you make that would help?
• Have you found a way to seamlessly integrate activism into your life?
2. RSVP to our next community meeting on January 15. We look forward to seeing you, hearing your stories, commiserating and holding community together.
We met with Howard Dean last Thursday. He told us that he sees the future of change as coming from the bottom up, and that we need to be thinking not only of the next 6 months, but also the next 6 years, and 6 decades. We're beginning to find experienced allies to work with, but in the end it's up to us to create the world we want to live in. It's vital that we support each other logistically and emotionally in the short, medium, and long terms. We are here for you, and we are so grateful you are there for us. Love, 2HAW