Your efforts have been successful!
- Federal hiring freeze is reversed for VA (Veteran Affairs).
- Federal Court ordered a Partial stay of the immigration ban for those with valid visas. (this one is NOT over)
- Green card holders can get back in country.
- Uber pledged $3M and immigration lawyers for its drivers after #DeleteUber trends on Twitter. (They have a long way to go still.)
- Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) enrollment ads are still going to air.
- The ACLU raised 24M over the weekend (normally 3-4Mil/year).
- HHS, EPA, USDA gag order lifted.
- EPA climate data no longer scrubbed from website.
- Reddit alt right page taken down.
- Senators openly talking about supporters motivating them to stay strong.
- Collins & Murkowski are voting NO on DeVos (we need 1 more!)
- Seattle became the first city to divestment from the DAPL Pipeline.
- Milo Yiannopoulos' speaking tour in Berkeley cancelled after protests.
- More people of different career/religious/economic/race backgrounds are considering running for political office than ever before.
- MOST importantly, since we live in a participatory democracy, the people are engaged.
While more is needed, sometimes you have to celebrate your wins. Stay vigilant, but also take self care seriously. Activist burnout is a thing. Marathon, don't sprint.
If you want to do more...
WE ARE SO CLOSE ON BANNON!!!
Steve Bannon's appointment to the NSA is unprecedented and possibly illegal. He is a neo-Nazi blogger with no military experience and this job should be based on facts and safety and not on politics and policy. He must be removed.
- CALL & FAX Homeland Security to tell them Bannon MUST be removed from the NSA.
Your calls are making an impact - staffers says calls are pouring in against Steve Bannon. Keep it up.
CALL (202) 224-4751
FAX or E-FAX (202) 612-1976 if phone lines are down
WE ARE SO CLOSE ON DEVOS!!!
Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are VOTING NO on Betsy DeVos in final confirmation on the floor. Because of you! This is HUGE. We need one more Republican. Let's flood them with calls!
2. CALL & GET FRIENDS IN THESE STATES TO CALL
AZ Flake R (202) 224-4521 (602) 840-1891
KS Moran R (202) 224-6521 (785) 628-6401
NE Fischer R (202) 224-6551 (402) 441-4600
NV Heller R (202) 224-6244 (702) 388-6605
PA Toomey R (202) 224-4254 (814) 453-3010
WV Capito R (202) 224-5323 (414) 276-7282
3. CALL AND THANK Senators Collins & Murkowski for putting nation over party. You know they'll be flooded with calls and threats from the other side, let's keep their phone lines full with support.
AK Murkowski R (202) 224-6665 (907) 271-3735
ME Collins R (202) 224-2523 (207) 622-8414
4. JOIN US TODAY FOR THE LAUNCH OF OUR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING
CIVICS 101 - partisan polarization & influencing members of Congress.
• more info
• Please RSVP, space is limited.
• Keep an eye out for events being added daily on our Educate & Act Calendar, we have an exciting program in the works!
• If you want to join the programming committee please reply to this email.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
205 Hudson St
2nd Floor Flex Space
New York, NY 10013
NOT IN NYC? We'll be recording it to share with you later!
5. CONTINUE TO MAKE AN IMPACT IN-PERSON
• Visit your Senators. Tips on how to get an appointment
• Attend a February Town Hall near you
• Keep protesting. Large and small protests work, especially when you get them covered by the media. Use twitter to alert your local newsrooms.